You might decide to give the shops a skip this year and treat your Mother to some amazing cookies, freshly made and packaged especially for her! These cookies are so good and are seriously foolproof. You must try them for yourself!
APRICOT JAMMERS RECIPE
✚ 500g cake flour
✚ pinch of salt
✚ 7,5ml bicarbonate of soda
✚ 400 g sugar
✚ 220g butter
✚ 2 eggs
✚ 60ml smooth apricot jam
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Sift the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together.
3. Beat the sugar, butter, eggs and apricot jam together until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and combine.
4. Roll dough on a floured surface and use cookie cutters of your choice. Place on a baking tray covered with baking paper (I used one sheet for all my cookies).
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies start to brown.
6. Place on a wire rack to cool.
⊕ We decided to make these cookies extra special by adding a little dark chocolate. Super easy and incredibly yummy! We used 70% dark Lindt chocolate and melted it on the stove.
⊕ Bring a medium pot with 2 cups of water to boil. Place a glass bowl of similar size in the pot so that it fits snug, without touching the boiling water. You rely on the steam to gently heat the glass bowl and melt the chocolate while you stir.