Before having children I thought of a stroller in the most idilic sense of the word. Leisurely strolls in Hermanus on our weekends away, zipping through The Old Biscuit Mill, getting some shopping done while my little one sleeps. Reality check 2 years later – my stroller was way too big for zipping through any space whatsoever. Not to mention the fact that when we packed it for our weekend away we had NO space left, so we had to get a trailer! Jani and I reviewed the Armadillo Flip this weekend and LOVED it as it really is everything our stroller is not!
First things first – I loved how light and sleek the stroller was. Not only can you manoeuvre it with one hand while carrying another child (ps this alone is a seller looking at my current situation), it is so light you can carry it in one hand without breaking a sweat. The pram weighs in at about 9kg and that makes a huge difference (when going up stairs!) Even though it is so light, there is more than enough wiggle space for your little one – and the pram is built to carry weight up to 15kg! It is newborn ready up to 4 years old.
2. CUTE AND COMPACT
This stroller does not look small or flimsy, but it is really compact. It is great for browsing shops or moving through less spacious areas. I just love the look of this pram – the handle is soft to hold and has a safety grip. The wheels are big and solid and so easy to lock! This pram makes browsing in shops an absolute pleasure and is a game changer when it comes to those quick trips to the market.
3. Fabulous Flip
This stroller is so compact it folds into what looks like a large briefcase that you can then carry around easily. Most other compact strollers fold into what looks like a golf bag and they are always very awkward to carry around. The size is great if you have limited boot space and can easily be stored under a bed at home or even in a cupboard when not needed. It has a patented two way easy-fold technology– folds and opens in seconds with one hand, whichever way the seat is facing so you never have to take the seat off to fold. This is really easy to do and worked fantastic when we entered a packed restaurant with the kids, the pram and the shopping bags! You can see in the videos below – it works fantastic!
4. Marvelous Multi-tasker
The stroller has a some great features that we loved. The seat is reversible which means you can have your baby facing you or facing forward. To change the seat position is as easy as the click of a button. The seat reclines fully making it perfect for a sleeping baby/toddler. The sun visor is great! You can cover your whole baby if they are asleep and it is not flimsy at all. The pocket at the bottom is great to store some essentials and there is also a little zip pocket in the sun visor for your cellphone or to keep something you need to access quickly!
This pram is built for parents that like to be out and about! It is great for city living and even fits into the boot of a Fiat 500 – so if you are all about minimizing and compact living, this would be a perfect choice! It is also VERY nice to look at!
- Perfect for posture – structured seat back for extra support and comfort.
- Reversible seat – switch them to face you or the world.
- Designed for day one – suitable from birth up to 4 years.
- Full recline – it has the longest stretching room out there, perfect for long leisurely naps.
- Adjustable leg rest – for extra comfort during sleeps for total lie flat comfort.
- Comfy cushion – well-padded for extra comfort out and about.
- Sun visor – for a little extra cover on sunny days (also comes with rain cover!)
- Easy 5 point safety harness – to keep them snug and safe.
- Travel system ready – carry cot and car seat compatible, to get you anywhere.
- City sized wheels – for nipping round suburban streets.
- Wheel lock – swivel wheels can be locked and released for better manoeuvrability.
- Removable wheels – for squeezing into the tightest of spaces.
- Easy rider – front and rear wheel suspension for a smooth and comfy ride.
- Auto lock – chassis stays secure when folded.
- Travel friendly easy carry handle for when you have your arms full.
- Inward fold – to keep your fabric clean and concealed.
- Flip flop friendly brake – for easy stop and go.
FIND IT HERE
- Armadillo Flip: R7 995
- Carry Cot: R3 495
- Car Seat: R3 595
- Car Seat Adapters: R350
You can find the Armadillo Flip at the Mamas and Papas stores:
JHB – 011 884 8208
CPT – 021 418 9874
Available in various colours.
|Age Guideline:||Birth – 15kg (approx 3 – 4 years old)|
|Dimensions:||H: 100 x W: 55 x L: 92 cm approx|
|Folded Dimensions:||H:30 x W: 55 x L: 72 cm approx|
|Armadillo Weighs:||8kg approx|
|Basket Holds:||3kg approx|