After seeing that little plus on the pregnancy test, it’s not uncommon to feel a little panicked! It is completely normal to feel unsure and paranoid about what you put in and on your body! Don’t worry – as the pregnancy progress you will relax and start making your own decision – the internet is a slippery slope if you are looking for serious answers. If you are unsure and tend to have allergic reactions, chat to your gynea! We compiled 7 beauty besties that are safe to use while pregnant and easy to find!
7 Beauty Besties
1. Kiehl’s Mom and Baby Moisturizing cream – Paraben-free, silicone-free, Fragrance-free, Pediatrician-Tested, Dermatologist-Tested, Mommy-Approved, Safe for Sensitive Skin, Mineral-Oil-Free – the list goes on! It’s made with Shea Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil, and Olive Fruit Oil mmmmmm! And a bonus is that you can use it on baby as well!
2. Skin Creamery Everyday All Over Cream – This product features on every top 10 list because it IS that good. (I love this one – it smells amazing!) Skin Creamery body care goodies are made with real organic ingredients to nourish and protect your skin, without any of those harsh synthetic fragrances or greasy pore-blocking mineral oils.
3. Bio Oil – Dem stretchmarks… Not all mamas to be will get them but the majority will and there is not much you can do about it! But you can at least try and stop it! There is nothing quite as fresh as getting out of the shower and rubbing your growing bump with Bio Oil! You can feel the skin relax and the smell keeps you feeling clean and cozy. It’s one of those smells you will always associate with pregnancy!
4. Oh so Heavenly Happy Hydration Body Wash – This body wash ontains a combination of natural active ingredients, like argan and soothing flower oils, to work with your skin as it grows and changes. You get out of the shower smelling goooooood!
5. Mama Mio Gorgeous Glow Face Wash – The foaming face wash combines tea tree oil with green tea leaf extract to counteract skin dryness during pregnancy. Free from parabens, petrolatum, colourants, xenoestrogens, PEGs, phthalates and glycols!
6. Mavala mini colours – Mavala is probably my favourite of the lot! I love the colours, the size and the unique formula is also vegan friendly and delivers microscopic air pockets to allow the nails to breathe, hence promoting healthy nails. Their mini nail polishes are formaldehyde Free, toluene Free, camphor Free, phthalate Free, paraben Free, animal Ingredient Free, No Added Rosin, No Added Nickel.
7. Naturals Beauty Night Cream – Anti-oxidants are provided by Rooibos extract and Vitamin E to keep skin healthy and younger looking! I love this brand’s new look and feel and they are proudly SA ( Their little lab is in the beautiful Riebeek Valley!)