I have two boys who seriously love eating and snacking – to the extent that I have to get creative to ensure that they don’t just eat the same snacks over and over again. They have 3 meals a day and insist on two snacks as well – urgh so tiring. I have two rules when it comes to snacks:
- as healthy as possible
- they should taste GREAT!
This week I tried two treats that were a huge hit in our house.
Oats, Banana and yoghurt muffins
Hazelnut chocolate balls
- 2 cups oats
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (you could substitute the chocolate chips for fruit like blueberries, but we love chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Lightly grease your muffin tin.
- Place all the ingredients, but the chocolate chips in a blender or food processor: oats, bananas, eggs, Greek yogurt, honey, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend or process on high, until the batter is smooth and the oats have broken down almost completely, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide your batter filling each muffin cup no more than 3/4 of the way to the top. Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack and let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove and ENJOY!